British Citizenship Test Guide
If you are looking to apply for the British Citizenship or settle in the United Kingdom, then the
British Citizenship test or the Life in the UK test is a necessary step. The British Citizenship test
has been established to test the applicant’s knowledge of the English language and the UK life.
Quick Facts about the British Citizenship Test
Following are few of the need to know facts about the British Citizenship test.
- It was established in November 2005.
- The official handbook is ‘Like in the United Kingdom: A Guide for New Residents’.
- The new test was launched on 25 March 2013 and this new version is the first update
to the materials since April 2007.
- UFI Limited conducts this test.
- The total test time is 45 minutes.
- The total number of questions in the test is 24.
- The computer randomly generates these questions.
- Each candidate in the test centre gets different sets of questions.
- To pass, a candidate has to get at least 18 questions right (i.e., 75%).
- The cost of the test is £50.
- There are about 60 test centres in the UK.
- The average pass percent is 70 with Australians (98%) topping the charts.
- There is no restriction on how many times one can take the test to pass it.
- The result is either pass or fail; the exact score is not announced.
You can be a permanent citizen of the UK, if you secure pass marks in the British Citizenship Test.
As you are interested to live in the UK for an indefinite period, you should have
a sound knowledge about the history and traditions, culture, people, geographical location,
administrative rules and regulations etc. of the sovereign state.
The purpose of the British Citizenship Test is to evaluate that how much the aspirants
know about the country that they are fascinated to stay in. And do not worry at
all, if you lack this knowledge. We have designed hundreds of sample questions that are
similar to the original ones.
To buy our model questions, offered in two packages – Standard and Premium - you have to
register your name first and then follow a few instructions.
But before that, give a try to our free sample questions.
With better preparation, you can secure the required 75% marks in the final test. Within
45 minutes, you have to answer at least 18 questions correctly out of a total of 24 asked
in the examination. The examination is carried out in 60 centres all over the UK. Book your
test in any of these centres, as per your convenience.
Get yourself prepared today to pass the Life in the UK Test