: cs@britishcitizenshiptest.co.uk

Working in the UK






Copy Link

One of the top tourist and study destinations of the world, the UK has plenty to offer those who wish to work there too. But you need to meet certain criteria and possible necessary skills to allow you entry for working in the UK. The good work culture, highly conducive environment and importance to workers' rights make them a favourable choice for many. Not to mention, the quality of life, peace, and prosperity it offers.

In order to work in the UK, you should apply for the right visa. Depending on your skill sets there are many work visas. Following is the list of main UK work visas, which you can apply for.

UK Work Visa Types

The visas can be categorized into:-

● Short-term work visas
● Long-term work visas
● Investor, business development and talent visas
● Other work visas
● Investor, business development and talent visas for the UK

Investor, business development and talent visas

The UK Tier 1 visas are issued for high-value migrants. The UK Tier 1 visa has the following sub-categories

Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent)

You can apply for this visa if you are an emerging leader or an internationally recognized person in the field of science and arts.

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Persons who wish to set up or take over a business in the UK can apply in this category.

Tier 1 (Investor)

Persons who wish to make a significant financial investment in the UK to the tune of £2,000,000 or more can apply for this visa. You must have at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply. You also have to meet the eligibility criteria.

Tier 1 (Start-up Visa)

The earlier graduate entrepreneur visa has been scrapped and you now have the new Start-Up visa which helps you set a business in the UK with other eligibility criteria like meeting the English language requirement and enough personal savings to support yourself.

Tier 1 (Innovator Visa)

If you want to set up or run a business in the UK and are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland you can apply for this visa and your ideas or business should be endorsed by an Approved Body.

Short Term Visas UK

The short-term UK work visas are all part of the Tier 5 Visas and are part of the point-based system. They include the following:-

Tier 5 (UK Charity Worker visa)

Persons who wish to opt for unpaid voluntary work for any charity in the UK can apply for this visa. The eligibility criteria include a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed employer and £945 in savings.

Tier 5 (UK Creative and Sporting visa)

Persons who have been offered work in the UK as a sportsperson or creative worker with a certificate of a sponsorship reference number can opt for this visa.

Tier 5 (UK Government Authorized Exchange visa)

If you want to come to the UK for short work experience, training, research or a fellowship through an approved government authorized exchange scheme or an Overseas Government Language Program, you can opt for this visa.

Tier 5 (UK International Agreement visa)

If you work under international law like working for a foreign Government or private servant at a diplomatic household, this is the right one for you.

Tier 5 (UK Religious Worker visa)

A short term visit for religious work, like preaching or working in a religious order, helps you apply for this visa.

Other Tier 1 visas include the UK Seasonal Worker Visa for those who wish to do farm work for up to 6 months and the UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa for persons between the age of 18 to 30 who have certain types of British Nationality or are from certain countries.

Long-term work visas UK

The Tier 2 visas are part of the long term work visas.

Tier 2 (General UK work visa)

Those from outside the EEA and Switzerland with a job offer in the UK and employed by a licensed sponsor can apply for this visa.

Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer visa)

Persons whose overseas employers offered a role in their UK branch of the organization should apply for this.

Tier 2 (Minister of Religion visa)

This is for non-EEA and Switzerland nationals with a job in the UK within a faith community.

Tier 2 (Sportsperson visa)

An elite sportsperson or coach, recognized by their sport’s governing body as being internationally at the highest level of their profession can apply for this visa.

Other Types of UK Work Visas

Other United Kingdom work visas are as follows:

● UK Ancestry visa
● Domestic Workers in Private Household UK visa
● The representative of an Overseas Business UK visa
● Turkish Businessperson UK visa
● Turkish Worker UK visa

For any other information related to work visas, you can check the official site.